> Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 10:19:23 PST
> From: "A Chow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Metz flash [13]
>
> Hello,
>
> I hope you can help.
>
> My father has a Metz 45 CT-1 purchased in early 1980s.  He used it for
> his F-2 and FM.
>
> I am wondering if this flash will work with my Nikon F90x?  My father
> said I can have it and he can not find the manual.
>
> I hope this flash supports TTL.  If not, what module or accessory do I
> need to make it work with my F90x?
>
> Any info will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you
>
> Alan
>
>Hi Alan,

all what you need to connect the Metz 45 CT to your F90 is the Metz adapter SCA
343. Than the old 45 CT works with TTL (not so sophisticated as the SB28!). I
guess you have the Metz cable to connect the adapter. Normaly there were two
cables delivered with the Metz 45 CT. One for the SCA 3xx adapter and one for
the synchro socket.

I have since about 11 or 12 years a Metz 45 CT-4 and it works up to date
perfect. Iīve used it mostly for outside shooting when I need high performance
light in combination with a Metz bounce diffuser (60-33). Sometimes Iīve used
it as second flash to my SB28 (manual mode with sync cable). I also use it in
combo to my M6, but thatīs not for this forum.

Ask Metz via there homepage www.metz.de and Iīm sure they will send you a
english manual. You can also get a copy of my CT 45 manual, but itīs german.

regards Hans-Ferdinand