Rich,

So far as I know, the F3 waist-level finder only comes in one model.  The
original F had 3-sided and 4-sided finders, but they will not fit the F3.
For the F3, your choice is between the normal waist-level finder (DW3),
and the "chimney" finder (DW4).  The DW3 is a true waist-level finder; you
can use it with or without the flip-up magnifier, and actually use it
without having your eye right on top of it.  The DW4 is more specialized;
it gives you higher magnification and a better-corrected magnified image,
but it takes some adjustment for your own eye and is really best suited
for slow, careful, on-tripod sorts of work.

The F3 will meter normally with *any* finder.  That's one of the reasons I
love it for macro work.

Richard Mendales
University of Miami