>Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 14:23:07 -0500
>From: Jerry Weinstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Use of teleconverters [27]
>
>I've got the Nikkor 70-300 ED lens, and am desperate for a longer lens
>but just can't afford the Nikon prices for a 400mm or 600mm lens.  Does
>anyone have any experience with the Nikon 2x teleconverters
>(particularly when coupled to this lens), or with other brand 2x
>teleconverters (e.g., Tamron, Kenko)?
>
>TIA, Jerry Weinstein/Columbia, MD

Jerry,

We sell quite a bit of the Kenko converters and people have been quite
happy. I would caution you with going to the 2x route as the effective
aperture would be pretty slow. Another option that you may want to
consider is the Sigma 400/5.6. It's quite a good lens and is reasonably
priced.

Ed

Ed Yost
M&M Photo Source (Authorized Nikon Advanced Systems Dealer)
800-606-6746