Until recently I have been using a Hasselblad for casual posed
people.  Typically two lights with umbrellas.  I also used Kodak
vpsIII for the best skin tones and being negative film to get
processed at a local commercial lab reasonably.
   Recently I bought an N90s for travelling and have heard of many
people who do portraits with this camera.  I have tried vps 35mm
and it is way too flat.  To anyone who used to shoot medium
format, which film seems closest to vps tones?  Maybe pro 100?
Is it the film or the partially the lens also that affects contrast?  I
use a 28-200 (which I bought for travel photos).  Would a fixed lens
help or a larger ap. like 80-200 f/2.8?   My outdoor shots that are
enlarged are fine, I just can't get that nice subtle look in people
shots.
   Any ideas?

michael
Michael O'Hara