Hi,

I read something in these digests that was gave me an indigestion...
Sorry,
An FM2 cannot use a TTL flash system because of the ISO hot shoe.
The only non auto-focus bodies accepting TTL flashes are FE2, FA and
FG. The other like FM, FE, FG20 accepts only manual and auto flashes.
You only can use a manual or auto Flash like a  lot of SB's can
do or a Vivitar 283 or 285 (the best for the money in this case) or
any other auto flash.
Choose one with a lot of apertures range (4 is a good choice) and
manual power range like 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 or 1/256 of full power.

Vivitar 285 with it's accessories is a very good choice.
Please, don't worry about a non TTL flash body, you can have very
nice pics with a FM2, FM or FE (and the golden oldies also). Most of
the work can be made in auto mode. The only work a manual or auto
flash can do is macro if you don't have a flashmeter.

Try to put 200 ISO on your flash for a 100 ISO film in your body for
fill in. It works fine and you can adjust as you like.

Hope this helps.

Fabrice.
Fabrice Joly
17 rue du General Gouraud