> Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 13:45:52 -0500
> From: "Roberto A. Moreno T." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: TTL Flash [25]
>
> Wang Xinghao wrote:
>
> " I am wondering if FM2 supports TTL flash. Which flash was designed for
> FM2?"
>
> Yes, the FM2N uses TTL flash.  Yhere is a new Nikon SB 22s TTl flash that
> works very well with it and it is very compact.
>
> Roberto A. Moreno T.
> Panama
>
> ------------------------------
>Hi Roberto,

thatīs very new that the FM2 (old or new) has TTL flash functions. The only
advantage of the new FM2 is, that it has a flash synchrotime up to 1/250 shutter
speed. I think the old version has 1/125.

For TTL flash there must be a seperate metering system (e.g. the F5 controls TTL
with an extra "3-multi-sensor" with preflashes if you use a D-lense,
"multi-sensor" with a AF-lense without D and if you use a lense without CPU the
TTL is middle oriented controlled; the F4 does it with a middle oriented sensor
and so on....).

In other terms, TTL needs an additional control system to check the light which
returns from the flash to the film level. TTL controls the time of the
flashlight, nothing else.

The FM2 has only one metering system to get the right aperture/shutter
combination (based on EV) measured on the available light, and itīs a manualy
system but very reliable. When you use a flash in combo to the FM2, you have the
choices computerflash, where the flash works with itīs own metering system or
manual flash.

If you want to control the flash in order to your camera metering system, you
have to use an seperate external metering system like Gossen etc.

So long, FM2 with TTL, that must be a specific Panama phenomenon and if it works
Iīll come to Panama to look at it.

Regards, Hans-Ferdinand