>Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 16:42:35 +0100
>From: Riccardo Correani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: NIkon in movies [21]
>
>What about a "Nikon in movies" survey? E-mail me.
>

>Riccardo
>
>Rome, Italy

Spielberg did use F5 *after* it was released, at least.

In a recent Thai movie, the director decided that one of the main
characters who was supposed to be a son of a very rich family
should hold a Nikon (looked like F Photonic T without a strap) for
the first half of the movie. According to a poster given to me by
Nikon Thailand, that body was released in 1965. But the movie
was meant to be 1960, five years prior to its release.

Occasionally, the director decided that he should let the boy
take some photographs of his schoolmate and teachers.
The view then switched to a through-the-viewfinder-like one
(without any kinds of indicator, shutter speeds, f/stop,
all the exposure stuff, is this normal for earlier Nikon bodies?)

Then the blurred image inside the viewfinder of that manual body
became as sharp as it could be and as fast as an AF would do.
Frame by frame, he somehow managed to set the exposure
and focus on the fly and went as fast as what looked like 3 fps
(all crisp sharp). That was fun. I wish I can do things as fast as
that boy.

I'm sorry I went too far off the topic. Okay, I can recall that there
was an article in Practical Photography several months back.
It was about Nikon in movies. There were Clint Eastwood,
John Malkovich and Jodie Foster if my memory serves me well.
I'm not sure about the names I said, but I'm sure there was
what you are looking for.

Happy shooting! :)

Best regards,

Ruckdee C.  [E20JLS]  http://i.am/renardnolt