Hello all!

I saw a really attractive lens in my local photo shop the other day, a
Nikkor 300/4.5 AI MF. It seemed very robust (quite heavy too), tripod mount,
very good condition (almost like new). The salesman told me itīs quite old,
maybe even 15 years, so my question is: is it any good?
Iīm trying to find a good tele lens to replace my Sigma zoom, and this
Nikkor could well fit into my budget. I donīt need the really wide
apertures, since I most often use a tripod with longer lenses.
I understand thereīs a IF ED version of this lens too, but that costs way
too much.

Anyone having first-hand experience of this lens? Then please respond!!

Bye!
Magnus