> Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 15:53:23 -0500
> From: Jesse Fiorino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Film leader out! [13]
>
> A few of you have mentioned a film leader extraction tool.  Where can
> I get one of these.  I have a F70, and every time i do the "leave the
> film leader out trick" it is rather nerve racking, and i would love
> to have one of these tools.

> I have asked around here where i live (windsor, ontario) and all of the
> employees of the camera stores look at me like i'm crazy.... "leave the
> leader OUT?!" ... they say.  I'm afraid windsor isn't the hub of
> photographic ingenuity.

Any decent, well-stocked photo store should have such a
tool.  Ask the clerk.  Usually, it's an accessory made of
stainless steel and should be about $10 or so.

It's also called a "film retriever", to retrieve the
film leader once it's been rolled into the canister
of a roll of 35mm film.  Say these magic words to the
photo store clerk (or his/her supervisor) and see if
their eyes won't twinkle and the light bulb goes on.

Ron H