Hi Tom & fellow Nikon users,

  Kia Ora!  G'day.  Moisture and fungus is a big problem in Singapore.  Hope
the below helps.

>- -    Is there any way I can "de-mould" the body?

  This might not be what you want but I bought a Yashica FX-D & Yashica 50/2
ML (so I can plug a Zeiss MM lens without having to pay Contax prices for
bodies) a couple of weeks ago.  The lens was fungused slightly but the
camera wasn't.  To prevent the fungus from spreading to the mirror and
prism, I "isolated" the lens and  banished it to the back (on the rear
backboard, rear windscreen) of my car.  Maybe its the heat or maybe its the
UV but I noticed the fungus started to "peel" and there was less fungus than
I remembered.

  You might want to keep your camera out of the moisture (see below on Zip
Lock bags) now to prevent more mould/fungus.  Use a soft old toothbrush and
clean the body (not mirror or prism, though) of the mould.  As for the
mirror and prism, if you have a Lens Pen, you might want to give it a try
(but be sure not to use the same Lens Pen on your lenses).  Try not to clean
them with lens cleaning liquid (more moisture!).

>- -    My lenses (18 mm, 20 mm, 28-85mm) do not seem to have suffered, how
>do I protect them in the future?

  Okay, get a air tight box and some silica gel or drying agent.  Store your
lenses in the box when not in use.  Of course, if you have the cash, get a
dri-cab where you can set the humidity to the optimum setting of 35-50%.
This will reduce chances of fungus growth.  However, do not over do it as
too dry a condition will cause the rubber on lenses & cameras to peel, crack
and dry up the grease/oil (eg. on aperture blades) in them.  If you're using
silica gel, wehn they've turn white (from sucking up all the moisture), you
can fry them (without oil) in a old pot or wok (but be sure not to use your
wife's/mother's best pot/pan) and they'll be ready to go.  Alternatively,
you can nuke it in the microwave.  The idea is to force the moisture out of
the silica gel.

  When you're travelling, it pays to put your lenses in Zip Lock bags.  And
throw in a small packet of silica gel for good measure.  This will also
prevent accidental "wettings" of your gear, and yes, even if you have a
Lowepro AW it pays to Zip Lock your gear as the fabric of the Lowepro bags
can absorb moisture.

>- -    Since the lenses are all right, will the mould show on my pictures
>if I continue to use the camera?

  No, it should not show up in your pics.  My suggestion is not to leave a
lens on the camera for too long (ie. overnight) as the mould might spread to
your lens.  If your pressure plate or film railings are not mouldy, it
shouldn't affect your pics.

  Good luck on your trip and happy trails.

Regards,
Deric Soh.