I am a serious amateur.  For a little over 20 years I have been using an EL
with 28, 50, 43-86, and 80-200 lenses.  Now that I don't see as well as I
once did I am moving up to an N90s.  I have done most of my picture taking
with the 43-86, which I understand is not one of Nikon's best.  However, it
has served me very well.  I take lots of people candids, as at wedding
receptions and the like.

The 24-120 seems like it would work very well for me but I am concerned
about picture quality.  Maybe the 35-105 would be a better choice for the
kind of work I do.

Then I am considering the 70-300 for the longer range stuff.  I know that
there is a great overlap there, but actually don't plan on using the two
lenses to complement each other.  I would be using each of them to do two
separate jobs.  But I have the same concern for quality with the 70-300
lens.  Maybe I should consider the 80-200 or a 70-210.

I would very much appreciate any input or advice anyone might be able to
give me concerning these lenses or any others you might suggest.

You can email me privately at:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Coleman Locke
Wharton, Texas