[EMAIL PROTECTED] inquired about the quality of the 300 4.5 AI Nikkor. I
can say that I have had my 4.5 AI for about 15 years and it gives great
results. I have used this lens for wedding balcony shots and outdoor nature
shots and have always been pleased with the quality. It comes with a built-in
rotating tripod mount and built-in lens hood. In the lens guides and reviews
this lens typically doesn't receive great press since the 300 ED lens was an
improvement in quality (at a MUCH higher price, however) and it's an F4 vs
F4.5 so the writers rave about it and ignor the 4.5. I'm selling mine however
as my bad old eyes need the auto-focus models for best results with my F4.
Steve Crist