> Subject: 35mm PC Nikkor Lens? [19]
>
> 1) I just picked up a 35mm PC Nikkor Lens in excellent condition.  This lens
> seemed to have an excess amount of lubricant between the mating surfaces
> where the lens shifts.  Is this normal or has someone gunked up this lens?
>
> 2) I didn't get an instruction sheet with this lens.  I have heard that you
> shouldn't attempt to meter with the lens shifted.  Is this correct?
>
> Art

Right on Art!
1) My 35 has the same lubricant excess and itīs a very old one. Doesnīt
bother me a bit and doesnt affect picture quality.

2) Right again. Donīt meter with the lens shifted, ALWAYS meter with the
lens *neutered* and then shift the lens. I have the 35PC instruction
manual. I can send you a copy. Just e-mail me privately with your address.
Ciao
Pierlucio