Hi,

I start considering buying a F90x relatively soon (esp. if the price
drops due to the announcement of the "newcomer").

I'm used to have access to slow/rear synch, flash exposure compensation,
matrix balanced fill flash, etc.. with my current F601 and third party
TTL flash (Cobra D650). I'm not a flash addict, but when I use it, it is
almost always in balanced fill flash, so here are some question about
the F90x flash features:

1 - I have understood that I would have access to slow and rear synch as
the F90x has a button to control this. Could someone confirm that it
would work with any external flash (I can't imagine why it would not)?

2 - It seems clear that to get flash exposure compensation, I need to
get the control back and/or the SB26/SB28 :-( Is the control back able
to drive any TTL flash btw?

3 - I'm a bit confused about standard TTL vs balanced fill flash. If I
try to understand what Nikon says in his brochure, my flash would only
work in standard TTL, some Nikon speedlights would only work in balanced
fill flash, and to get the choice, I would have to get the SB26, 27 or
28 ?!? Now that's a serious limitation!

4 - If I find myself in a position where I have to buy one [of these
insanely overpriced] Nikon speedlights, I would be tempted to go for a
SB27 rather than a SB28. What would I loose, anti-red eye and power
apart?

Thanks in advance,

Nicolas.

P.S. I know I need a SB25-28 to get monitoring pre-flash.