-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Freeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I don't want to re-run the debate about Nikon reps. However, while
discussing the pros and
cons of various lens combinations, the Nikon representative here (for a mini
photo show) was
adamant that the quality of the Nikkor 20-35 f2.8 zoom was equivalent to the
relevant
primes, e.g., 20mm f2.8 and 24 mm f2.8.

Has anyone who has first hand experience of both these primes and the 20-35
zoom? Is the
rep. correct or is he just spinning a story to try to get me to shell out
over NZD$3000?