>So, I see 3 causes
>1) battery drainage Nikon problem - but this problem has been known for a
long
>time and should have been fixed. My serial # is 3114130, bought 1 month ago.
>2) battery drainage when camera ON but not used - isn't this really 1) ?
>3) crap batteries. These I bought from the camera store, they have a less
known
>name. I should try Energize

Mine is about the same age, slightly higher serial number. I've shot
about 30 rolls now (all 36 exposure) and my battery strength meter
is still showing full. I took the batteries out just now to test
them on a Radio Shack battery tester just to rule out a problem
with the battery indicator on the camera. Just a hair less than
full charge on the RS meter. I was beginning to think this battery
issue was a vicious rumor started by Caxxon users :-)