Hello nikon digest members!

I'm thinking about buying an old but mint Vivitar MF 135/2.8 for my F70.
Anyone had an experience with this brand? That would be my first lens with
a focal length over 50mm and my first third party lens. But I need some
help to decide on the following issue. Assuming that I will use this focal
length only occasionally, should I go for a used MF or for a new
Tamron/Sigma/whatever amateur telezoom in the same price range? I've seen a
few of those zooms. The Tamrons seem well built, but I find that the motor
in the body can't turn the focusing mechanism as easily as it does with
Nikkors. The Sigmas look cheaper, but its optics seem better. Thanks a lot
for your kind help!

Friedrich from
Styria, Austria

PD: Please feel free to mail me privately!