FEE ON N90S

>I have a problem when using the SB26 on the N90s. The camera
>cycles and makes a strange noise about every second, the readout
>alternately shows real aperture data and "FEE" each time the camera
>cycles and makes the noise.

Try pressing the buttons to initiate manual rewind.  My wife's N70 did that
and it turned out that if the camera thins there is film inside it does that.
------------------------------
MAXIMUM APERTURE PIN

>There is a pin or lug at 7 o'clock on the mount of all AI-S lenses (looking
>at the lens from behind) which Nikon calls the maximum aperture indexing
>pin.  Only the FA and F4 (I believe) use this pin to obtain the lens'
>maximum aperture.  However, my AI 55mm Micro has this pin and I am wondering
>when it appeared in production.  Any manual focus AI (not AI-S) lens owners
>who would be willing to examine their lenses for presence of this pin,
>please tell me whether your lens has it, along with serial # or year of
>manufacture and focal length/speed.  I will report back to the list as to
>how early Nikon started preparing to offer Matrix metering, because that is
>what the maximum aperture indexing pin is for I believe.

The pin connector is also on the N70 and N6006, if you mean the one on the
7 o'clock position when looking at the camera body head on.  As for the
little pin at 3 o'clock in the camera, that is on the FA, F4 and I think
the N2020 but not sure.

------------------------------
F5AE FEATURES

>That camera is a limited edition F5 with a special look (platium I
>think). Features are the same as for the regular F5, excpet possibly for
>weight

Platinum, I wish!  :-)  Titanium actually, which is on the regular F5 as
well.  A Platinum F5 would be heavenly!  Or at least a gold one.  Th weight
is the same except for the variances in the amount of paint used, negligible.

I think the best part is the stares from folks who are not used to seeing a
chrome camera again.

Robert in Redlands