>Excuse me Brian, but do you really need to react like this when
>someone is saying something on the Canon is better than Nikon?  This
>is a FREE place to talk and what Alexander stated were his opinion.
>You can have your own opinion also, aren't you?  But it seems like if
>someone in the Nikon digest talk something bad about Nikon and good
>about Canon, he will be labeled as a TROLL, of course, by some of the
>'loyal' list member.  C'mon, be more democratic.

it.
IE as if he is wanting a reaction
Am I wrong in saying, he made a statment of the superiority of the eos 3
with no facts to
back up what he said.
Am I also wrong in jumping on his comment when he says " Nikon have rushed
the F100 and so implies it to be second rate? (rushed)
I am not the only one to jump on this guy and I stand by what I say, he is
either a troll or he is ill informed.

Nikon did not rush this camera, it is the result of many years of work!

>6 meters while the EOS-1n can do only to 17 meters, that would be a
>0.396 second of different for a car moving at 100 km/h, and for an F-5
>it can shoot 2.8512 frames more

You are asuming that the f 5 is shooting at the max fps in calculating the
2.85 frames and at these close distances I think thats possibly wrong. The
F5 acheived 13 shots, all sharp, and the closest distance all of which place
it at the top the pile. If as you try to guess that the canon has taken its
shots with a smaller time gap between shots why does it fail in the .396
seconds or last 20 metres to even take a shot?
If I use your maths and assume the Nikon is shooting at 7.2FPS and that  a
car travelling at 100kms per hour travels 11 metres in .396 secinds then
this means they would have had to start their sequence at only 50metres from
the camera for the F5 to take 13 shots,
I dont think you are correct.
Also the people who have written the report  assuming its the same as the
one you are reading, make the point that the F5 AF performance is " Well
Ahead".

>Now the F100 has the same focusing system as the F5 but with newer
>software and a better low light ability so we would hope for simular
>performance as the F5
>Now you are 'assuming' the F-100 can do as well as the F-5.  But at
>least the EOS-3 is tested, and it was a PRE-PRODUCTION SAMPLE

I am assuming nothing cant you read I have said we would "HOPE" for simular
performance.
That said I have a F100 here and its AF is "VERY" impressive and does bear
out Nikon claim further refinment..

>What do you mean by 'looses both sensors and verticle and horizontal
>sensing ability'?  Does that mean the EOS-3 can't AF with 5.6 lenses?
>I think you got it wrong

No it means exactly as I have written You lose 45 sensor abilities as you
move away from
2.8 , You cannot use 45 sensors at with slower than 2.8 lenses and some of
the sensors you lose are the ones with both horizontal and verticle sensing
abilities.
Canon features list on their site dosnt tell u this but it is in the
brochure.
here is a quote from a EOS3 owner
Note that many of the most precise sensors only work with f/2.8 and faster
lenses (and then another important AF sensor requires an f/4 lens). So don't
think that the EOS-3 will make you a hero if you've got a slow consumer zoom
lens
I think you got it wrong!!!!!

>Yes, Nikon metering is very good, so does Pentax, Minolta, and Canon.
>Have you ever try Pentax?

Yes I have tried a Pentax, I represented Pentax in Australia for 8 years.
with the importers.
and I have a great insight into their products but I come back to the point
I made origionally,
Nikon is renown for its metering more than other brands and I challenge you
to shoot a wedding using an MZ50, 400ftz  with the meter doing the balance
fill flash and I'll use an old F90,Sb26 and we will see which unit has the
more complete metering abilities.

>Nikon also offer unmatched weather proofing and the only system that
>allows computor linking via photo secretary.
>Ya, weather proofing is unmathed with the RSAF.  About the other, I
>think it's on par for every brand name

Rijkarrd , again I dont walk away from these comments, The F5 is gaining
much praise in the feild for its ability to keep working in adverse
conditions above others.
Hey you didnt comment about the Photo secretary does this mean you concede
this one point to me?

Brian