I just got my LS-2000 scanner!.  The LS-2000 comes with a "CHEAP" SCSI card which
should be discarded!.  The connector on the back of the NIKON SCSI card is a 25 pin
connection.  I already had a much better Adaptec 2940UW installed in the computer
running 5 other devices.  When the NIKON SCSI was installed together with the Adaptec,
lots of things failed to work.

The LS-2000 has a 50 pin mini connector reducing to a 25 pin into the NIKON SCSI card.
 I replaced the "oddball" NIKON cable with another cable having a 50 pin mini on both
ends.   Everything worked much better.  The 2940UW instantly recognized the LS-2000
and after installing the driver from LS-2000's CD-ROM it was ready to use (less than 5
min install start to finish).

Speed should be better because of the 50 pin to 50 pin connection rather than the 25
pin connectors slower thru-put.

For the price NIKON is charging for this scanner, they could at least include a
standard SCSI card and cable.