Hi John and all,

A quick question to everyone about the message Subject line format: This
one's gettin' kinda long. Should we paste the entire subject line from the
current message when replying and let it keep growing longer and longer, or
should we trim it to only the latest reference number?

Thanks for the feedback, John. I'm looking at the options for a longer tele
lens for hiking as well. I'm discouraged by your Tokina report that, even
with a tripod, enlargements above 8x10 are unsharp. Is your lens the APO
version? Am I correct in assuming it's very difficult to focus manually in
dim light? And the AF performance in dim light is marginal as well?

Despite the Tokina being less than 1/3 the cost of the Nikkor 300/4 + TC, I
was hoping... Ah, well.

Regards,

Bruce