Hello,

        Rick wrote: >>I have not seen your prior posts, but I wonder why the
excellent N70 would not be your next choice below the N90s?  The
superiorautofocusing  of the N70 as well as the use of 3D Matrix
meteringreally  put the N70 far ahead of the 6006.  It sounds like
you've had much advice, I just wonder if the N70 was in there?<<

Hello Rick,

        Thanks for providing more info to work from. But, after getting some
advice from the folks on the list, I went and did a bit of fiddling at
our two camera stores. I found, as the posters suggested, that the
controls of the N90s were much more familiar to a N6006 user than the
N70. I have nothing against the N70, it seems to be a fine camera by all
accounts, but the N90s seems to be significantly advanced to a perfect
upgrade.

        My decision has been put on hold, as I have been offered a very nice
Nikon F3 by my friend's widow. She is trying to raise money to move back
to Phoenix, and this camera was not part of what Phil told her to give
me. Anyway, she is offering me a pretty clean looking F3 for $150, and
from the prices I see in the online ads, that is a steal. So, I went
ahead and bought it, if nothing but to resell later. The camera seems to
be somewhere between very good and excellent minus. I don't know if I
should just keep it to use with the non-AF lenses that were with the
other camera; I'm sure now that this camera is why Phil had the other
lenses.
        So, at least for now, I have a F3 to play with, and Moose to tell me
how to use it. This will put the buying of the N90s off for a bit, but
it may go a long way towards making it happen.
        Adios,

                        Bill Hilburn