>Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 22:57:39 -0800
>From: Steve Higgins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: [13] Re: Fill flash w/ FE2 & SB26
>

>Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 19:00:15 EST
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: [30] Fill flash w/ FE2 & SB26
>
>Is there any direct way to compensate TTL flash using an SB26 on an
>FE2? The "M" button does not bring up the compensation function on my
>SB26 when mounted on my FE2.

Steve,

Here's a technique that may help you.

1. With speedlight off, meter the scene manually at the flash sync or
below and attain the ambient exposure that you wish.

2. Turn the speedlight on, use TTL and do not change your ambient light
exposure settings.

3. To compensate the speedlight you can adjust the ASA. Doubling the ASA
will result in the flash illumination to be one stop under exposed. With
the ASA control you can adjust the compensation in 1/3 steps.

The above setting will result in proper ambient exposure and a
compensated flash exposure.

Ed

Ed Yost
M&M Photo Source (Authorized Nikon Advanced Systems Dealer)
800-606-6746