> Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 14:16:44 +0100 (MET)
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Magnus Stark)
> Subject: Any opinions on Nikkor 300/4.5 AI?? [5]
>
> Anyone having first-hand experience of this lens? Then please respond!!

Magnus,

        I own this lens.  It is a very serviceable 300mm lens.  I don't
        use it terribly often, but have produced some nice slides w/ it.
        It is slightly less contrasty v. other Nikkors, probably due
        to coating differences.  But on a tripod, stopped down to f8,
        it does a fine job.  Not bad bokeh either.  I have not used
        any other 300mm Nikkors.

Chris
--
Society too, human society             | Chris Somers
 is like a stew - if you don't         | Rise Technology