> I just bought a Nikon 75-150mm E lens , I would like to get the proper
> lens shade for it, anyone recall the nikon number for this shade or one
> that will work on this lens.I will be using this lens on a N90s and
> would appreicate any advise on using a manual lens on this camera as I
> have been using AF lens and need a change for awhile.

Craig,
The hood for the 75-150 is the HN-21, which would be a metal screw-in
type. It is long out of production and is not very common, you may have
trouble finding one.
A hood which *may* work is the HN-7, which was made for the AI 80-200/4.5
and pre-AI 85/1.8.  These lenses have a slightly longer focal length so
the hood may be a little deeper and cause vignetting with the 75-150.
I suspect it would be ok as long as it is not fitted over any filters. It
would pay to check it out first.  This hood is also not in production, but
is relatively common.
The other alternative is to get a hood for a lens with a shorter focal
length such as 50mm or 35mm. Hoods for these lenses will not provide as
much shade as the HN-21, but will offer some protection, without the risk
of vignetting.

When using manual lenses such as the 75-150 on the F90, you can use manual
mode or aperture priority modes. Metering will be center-weighted, and
maybe spot metering - no matrix metering.

Hope this helps,
Roland