>     I have an FM2n that's two years old.  The camera works great, no
> problems.  However, I am interested to know if these cameras should be
> checked out or "tuned up" periodically.  Do any of you know if Nikon
> recommends such a periodic checkup/overaul?  Thanks.

I don't know where you live, but , in Belgium, most repairs/checks take
about 4 weeks. I find it is a bit long just for a check.

And, there is some risk involved as well: last year, my F601 was sent to
replace the back door. The Nikon service checked it... and they returned
it with th AF system slightly out of alignment :-(((

Nicolas.