Hello all,

I keep several lenses in a Lowepro Nova 3 bag at home.  The
temperature is around 18C - 22C all the time.

Over the last year, tiny spots are appearing inside the 85mm f/1.8
lens.  These are clearly visible by reflecting an overhead light bulb
off the glass, or reflecting skylight off the glass.  For ages, there
was only one such blemish -- it has a sort of 'S' shape rather than
being a simple dot. Now, over the last few weeks, several dot blemishes
have appeared.  I clean the lens using a Jessop micro-fibre cloth
specially designed for cleaning lenses.  Such cleaning makes no
difference, as the blemishes are clearly inside the outer glass.

When viewed as described above, these blemishes are white in colour
(which is reflected light, I guess).

I am extremely careful in my handling of all my lenses, this one
included.  I always keep back caps on the lenses when they're not on
the camera, and always have a front cap on except for the moments I'm
actually shooting.

I shoot colour negative, and can't see these blemishes on the colour
print (4 x 6 without using a loupe).

This is not happening in any of my other lenses which, as I say, are
stored in the same bag.

Has anybody any idea what these are, what's causing them and how they
can be removed?

Thanks in advance for any information.

By the way, I don't have any silica gel or other such stuff in the bag.

Bye,
Mike
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.NetworX.ie