Hello everyone,

I have an F801 and sometimes the camera "locks up" or "crashes".  That
is, if i switch it on and push the shutter release lighty to turn on the
metering, AF etc, the camera displays the mode, frame number, and motor
drive state and just freezes, will not do anything, even if swithced off
it kepps this display on.  I can unfreeze it by taking out batteries,
and putting them back.  but it usually happens again.

if i press one of the buttons (like DX, drive, mode etc) first then it
is ok, and while the metering is working, it is all fine, but then if i
leave it so the meter turns off and try to activate with the shutter
realease to turn back on, the same thing happens.  This is intermittent,
sometimes it will be fine for a while before playing up again.

I also got the "err" message next the he DX label in the top LCD panel
sometimes and have to set the film speed manually.  I am not sure if
this is related.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be wrong?  clean contacts
for DX coding?  the camera works fine otherwise.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Arthur Manowski
Perth, Western Australia