> Subject: SB-28 preflash with slave flash? [v04.n134/3]
> Say, I am using F5/F90X, SB-28, D lens in 3D multi-sensor balanced
> fill-flash.  Moreover, I am also using another flash on a photosensitive
> slave.  I know SB-28 will fire preflashes before the shutter "open".  I am
> wondering if these preflashes trigger the slave to fire before the shutter
> open.  If so, the slave become useless.  Am I right?

FS,
You can turn off the pre-flash by setting the SB-28 by hitting the
mode button on the flash until "TTL" shows with no matrix or sun
pattern beside it.  This is how it needs to be set when using light
activated slaves.  There is a wireless TTL slave that is supposed to
be good.  It seems to me easier to match background manually
than tying to do it with two ttl flashes?

michael
Michael O'Hara
Galehouse Construction