I got my Nikkormat EL late last week, thanks to all of you who
     recommended it. Some questions now that I have it in my hands: There
     don't seem to be any stops as you change aperture on the lens--it
     doesn't click at 5.6 or 8 as you turn it...is that normal? Also, this
     may sound dumb, but the shutters on my EL and F2 sound very different,
     the F2 makes a solid "CHCK" at 1/125, where the EL makes a "CHNG"-a
     more metallic sound--the foam looks okay, do other ELs sound like
     this? Finally, are there any performance advantages between a vertical
     and horizontal shutter?

     On another note, I came across a copy of the "Nikon/Nikkormat
     Handbook", published by AMPhoto ($4 at a used book sale). Its this big
     binder production with schematics and specs. on Nikon's line around
     1976 or so, including Nikkormats, the F, F2, n-AI and early AI lenses.
     Thought I'd offer to make copies of any information anyone on the
     digest may need, since I can't be much help advising on N90s and
     MB-26s.

     IB