Hey guys guess what.

About a year ago I was shooting a fashion show for a magazine.
Another photographer, my friend, was covering it for another magazine.
We decided to pick different spots.  I opted for spot for my 80-200,
and he picked the closer one, for his 24-120.  Towards the end of the
show, I don't know for what reason, he came running across my view,
and then I saw him move diagonally in my viewfinder, followed by the
sound of breaking plastic (craack, clink, clik clik). Taking my eye
off my viewfinder, I saw him sprawled on the pebble-washed floor, with
F5 and Stroboframe about a foot beyond his reach and the SB-28 about 4
feet away from him.

He picked up the five rolls of film that fell from his pocket, picked
up the F5 and Stroboframe, pulled his SD-8's cord to retrieve his
flash which was beyond his reach (he looked like he was fishing) and
ran to the side.

He couldn't look at his equipment, but the great thing about it, after
examining the damage, the stroboframe absorbed most of the shock, the
F5 got a good beating, (the bottom portion was slightly deformed but
can still accept the MS-30 without a problem), the MS-30 was cracked,
the base of the F5 had a deep scratch, and the SB-28 broke off its
foot. Other than that, everything still works, up to now.

He got the foot replaced for about 600.00 Philippine Pesos, about
$16.00.

I wonder how much would it cost to repair a severed SB-28 head?

Keep those shutters firing.

Carlo