Greetings -

I have not posted before, so allow me to introduce myself.  My name is
Brett, and I am a 20 year old student just getting started in photography.
After purchasing my Nikon system, I was delighted to find this list.  I
thought it would be a great venue for me to expand my understanding of
photography, specifically my Nikon equipment.  Since subscribing, I have
gained some good knowledge, but my experience here has mostly been
frustrating.  It seems that many people on this list breed a lot of
negativity.  I've had internet access for about five years now, so I'm well
aware that many people posting to lists like this, newsgroups, etc. often
say some less than bright things.  It has always been my philosophy,
however, that responding to these posts would not benefit anyone.  Rather
than create flame wars, I would simply ignore them and move on.  This list
has gotten to the point that it is hardly tolerable.  There still is
valuable information here, but the number of pointless, negative posts one
has to sift through is insane.  I find it really depressing that the list I
joined to foster my creative interest is such a let down.  I plan to remain
subscribed for a bit longer to see if things improve, but if nothing changes
I think I'll need to move on.  I just ask of you that you evaluate the
benefit of anything you have to post.  If you really feel the need to
criticize, perhaps that would best be done via email.

Thanks for your consideration,
Brett