Richard:

Nikon makes a hot shoe attachable gadget called the AS-15 (#3066NCP).
They sell for about $20.00US.  It fits on the hot shoe like a flash, you
plug into it's built in PC connector and your off.

On a slicker more expensive note.  Wien the wireless slave copany has a
iinferred trigger/receiver kits you can get. They start at about
$150.00US. The receiver plugs into your power pack like a PC cord and
the trigger fits onto your hot shoe.

When I was shooting 8008s bodies, which like the 6006 has no PC
connection I oppted for the AS-15s.  They worked great.

Sam