"Clarence Lau" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted:

> Any reputable camera repair shops in Honolulu?  I can see the felt strip
> above the mirror is falling off.  Or should the old FA be shipped back to
> Nikon USA for service?  What is the address and how long is it going to

Clarence:

Nikon has east and west coast service centers.  I believe they are
divided by the Mississippi, so I don't know exactly which one you
would qualify for.

Anyway, I believe you are closer to the California center.  The phone
number  for all Nikons Service is

The California address is: 800-645-6678

   Nikon Service
   19601 Hamilton Avenue
   Torrance, CA  90502

If your camera requires WARRANTY service, send a copy of the warranty
slip, along with your sales receipt.  Send a detailed description of
the problem along with other services you would like performed (clean
& check, leader-out, etc).  To expedite services, provide payment
information.  Once they have received your camera, they will send you
mail letting you know that your camera has been received and is in
the system.  If you want an estimate of what the repairs would cost
prior to the repairs, I would request so in the letter.

Oh, however you send it, make sure that it's tracked and insured!

Hope this helps,
Mike Baranowski