Hello All,

        I wish the off topic nonsense would stop. This ;list was far more
interesting before Ales first post. Ales is ok, try talking by e-mail if
you doubt that, it's just the way sparks fly when cultures meet. I just
wish the banter would stop.

        BTW, the US is not the center (or centre) of anything. God is the
center of it all, and the rest is vanity; dust in the wind.

        To UV filters, I have one on each lens, for both lens protection, and
to cut haze. I don't know the technobabble but shooting in the Central
Valley of California, haze is forever, and a UV filter does help.

        Could someone please tell me what the difference between circular and
linear polerizers? I think it is related to auto-focus, but would
appreciate an explanation. I have done a bit of RTFM on this, but my
books don't cover the distinction.
        Adios,

                        Bill Hilburn Jr.