nearly Shakespeare

I just read the Nikon filter flyer. All multicoated Filters have a "C" in Filter
designation. These are: L37C UV-filter, L1BC Skylight, and NC Clear Glass.

The small paper which you get, when you buy a filter says the same. NIC
Nikon integrated coating only for the above.

Thus all other filter (including polarizer) must be not coated (or single coated?).

Nikon says about the NC clear glass: the multicoating reduces flare, enhances
colors and contrast. (translated from German flyer).

I can not really follow the Nikon reasoning here. A filter is always an additional
glas surface. When it is multicoated it lets light thru. If the next lens element is
not coated you get flare there, thus you have not won a lot.

Someone mentioned to me, if you have a small scratch on the lens, which
produces flare. Take a black marker and paint it black (rolling stones). No flare
from the scratch.

If you want to reduce flare of a non coated lens, put the lens caps on it ;-)

Best wishes
Tom
WANTED: Participants for Transportation Survey
For a research project about the future of long range transportation
I need professional participants. The survey is commissioned to learn
the most important factors / driving forces, which are influencing
global transport systems now as well as in the future
You can participate using your web-browser. Please visit the URL:
http://www.stud.uni-wuppertal.de/~ua0273/quest1.html
Thank you very much. Thomas Buro, [EMAIL PROTECTED]