Brett, you're absolutely right about this list becoming frustrating and
sort of a let down.  I've been a subscriber for a few years and I've seen
minor spats erupt between folks (i.e. the old 'Canon vs. Nikon'
threads)...usually things get back to normal after a while, but sometimes I
feel like the general atmosphere of this list is beginning to change as
more and more people subscribe to it who *don't really care* about the
list's reputation for civility and tolerance, as well as being a great
place to exchange information with people from around the globe.
I'd like to think that things will improve in a while and treat this
diversion as a temporary thing.

ZR