>Are Nikon strict about registering 10 days after the retail purchase
>for the 4 years extended coverage on lenses?
>Also, what about Body's do I have to register my body purchase with them
>also? I have 3 year on my body right?

In the US at least you can throw the cards away.  Unless you want to
provide Nikon USA
with free consumer data, or are applying for a rebate or special offer.

The courts have said that the vendor's  warranty is automatically yours
when you buy an
item.  You do not have to send in registration cards for the warranty to
take effect.

It won't hurt to send them in, if the postage is paid.  For what it's
worth, it even helps resale if you can say 'all warranty cards included.'

In the olden days, I always sent in my warranty cards.  That's because the
vendors would
sign you up for a couple year's worth of free subscription to glossy color
quarterlies
like "Nikon World"  or "Minolta Eye."  Where have those neat freebies gone
(Leica still
sends "Leica Quarterly").