If you're lucky enough to be able to afford both MF and AF systems, own both
systems. Each system has its own merit depending on the photographic
situation at hand. MF system is a real joy if you have plenty of time, and
AF system is the proper weapon for quickly changing subjects such as wedding
or photojournalism.

If you're unable to own both MF and AF, of course you have to give up one
over another. However, I recommend to stay with the one that you already
have & trust for years, rather than speculate on a new system that you
haven't trust yet.

Other Nikon fellow may suggests to mix MF bodies with AF lenses, or AF
bodies with MF lenses. I find that such mix doesn't fit very well, but
proven to be very useful during the transition from MF only to both MF and
AF. Unless absolutely necessary, my preference is to mix MF bodies only with
MF lenses, and AF bodies only with AF lenses.

Warmest Regards,
Januar Rahadi.
Bandung, Indonesia.