Jon wrote:

>Sorry Stewart but there are differences between different brands of filters
>just as there are differences between brands of lenses. According to my
>tests, the top three filter brands are: Nikon, B+W and Heilopan in that
order.
>Then there is a big jump between those and then Tiffin, Hoya and then
there is
>a jump to the crap filters that nobody recognizes. Nikon and B+W filters are
>so close that they are to my tests, just about equal.

Jon,

Would you please tell the list how you designed the experiments that you
used to test your filters. I, for one, would be very interested in learning
your methods so I can replicate the tests with my equipment and reach my
own conclusions.

If you have them, could you please post to a web site some of the photos
that you used to make the determination of which filters were best?

Thanks in advance, and best regards,

Stew

--
Photo Web pages: http://www.inficad.com/~gstewart

UNIX: It's not just 'User-Unfriendly', it's 'Proactively User-Hostile'!

Nothing generates so much silence as confronting a person with an
undeniable truth which is contrary to that person's beliefs.

Manual cameras, Luna-Pro's and stick shifts.