<snip>
So, my advice is basically the same as others -- make the transition
gradually.  You may very well end up with one foot in each "world"
(MF/AF), and there's nothing wrong with that.  Do the hokey-pokey!

Regards,
Chris
- --
Once I lay without moving for days until,       \ Christopher Somers
mistaking me for driftwood, birds landed nearby  \ Rise Technology
and began speaking in murmurs of Pythagoras       + www.rise.com
and winds that blew in the Himalayas.
/----------------------------
- -> Barry Lopez                                  / Gallery:
www.flash.net/~jboy

I look at this MF versus AF discussion like this: We, as Nikon owners,
can have this discussion. Canon owners cannot, since they have had 5
different and largely incompatible lens mounts since 1960.

When talking to novices, I always use this as my strongest argument
against Canon. I firmly believe that Canon treats their customers
poorly, what with a new lens mount appearing every 8-10 years. This
means that:
1. You cannot use existing lenses on new bodies.
2. The resale value of old lenses is zilch.

Long Live the F-mount!

Colin