<If I wanted to take pictures of a starry sky and see a
path of light as the earth revolves, how would I achieve that? If I want to
take
pictures of the moon, what should I do?>

        If you're looking for the concentric circle pattern of stars swirling
around the North Star, you need an exposure, on a clear night, of hours.
        For the moon, most people advicate the "Sunny-16" Rule 'cause the moon is
illuminated by direct sun, in an amount similar to noon on a bright day.
Personally, I've had better results with f/11, but I like punchy negs. For
slides -- bracket . . .

regards,
Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video
http://www.bhphotovideo.com