Dear Nikon-mates,
I am sorry to disturb you asking for an advice that is somehow far from the
main topic of this wonderful list.
I would like to extent the angle covered by my Nikon 90X camera buying a
wide-angle zoom. To avoid spending a quite huge amount of money for the
Nikon 20-35 zoom I was oriented more to buy the Sigma 18-35.
I am conscious that I cannot get the same quality of images with such lens
comparing with a Nikon one (and the old messages that appear in the list
can confirm this) but... maybe it is sufficient for my target of
non-professional photographer.
Moreover, I am leaving in Japan now and it is not easy for me to
communicate with shop dealers. What I understood, however, is that lens is
almost sold-out (at least in one of the biggest shop of Tokyo, Yodobashi
camera) because next spring Sigma would release a new 18-70 2.8f Zoom. This
news appears on the web site of Sigma, I was happy not to completely
misunderstand what they say to me in the shop. But it is worth to wait for
such new lens? I am wandering weather is better to try to find the old one
that I feel like would be cheaper than that new.
Any advice on that problem would be really appreciated.
Enjoy your photos.
FILIPPO

Dr. Filippo Santucci de Magistris

-University of Tokyo - Institute of Industrial Science
Geotechnical Engineering Laboratory
7-22-1, Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-8558, Japan
tel: +81 (0)3 3402 6231 ext. 2038 lab. 2503
dial in tel. / fax: +81 (0)3 3479 0261
   PHS: 0705 0152618