I have a question regarding my SB-28 and some images coming out w/very
dark backgrounds. As I understand it the 28 has 4 modes TTL w/Balanced fill
flash, TTL, A, and M mode. In TTL Balanced fill Flash I understand the flash
is attempting to mimic ambient light. This is fine when there is some to
adequate ambient light. However when it is dark, specially in the background
the flash seems to be shutting down too soon. The subject is well lit
(perhaps a little dark sometimes) but the background is dark to black
    On the LCD panel the TTL w/the little pic of "cross hairs" means
Balanced fill flash, correct? If I switch to A mode and set the Aperture I
get good to great results depending on how long I compose the shot and think
it through. But inevitably there is the time I just want to shoot now  and
get a good pic. If I set the flash mode to TTL but w/out the little "cross
hairs" icon does that operate the strobe in non fill flash mode?
    Thank you for any and all help          Brian C.W.

    ICQ 10022695
    AIM btnd11