Filippo -

     I used the Sigma lens for nearly 2 years but traded it for the Nikon
     20-35. However, I was very satisfied with the results of the Sigma,
     but very unsatisfied with its handling. It feels just like "nothing",
     or "no lens mounted" and I disliked the plastic feeling less and less.
     (I also own a 14mm/f3.5 Sigma, which handles MUCH more better, so it
     seems not to be a brand problem...) The results in terms of chromes
     where what I'd call "quite nice", but I was not satisfied with the
     results at the shorter end (18mm...) which tended to vignette in the
     corners.

     In early 1998 I bought the Nikon 2.8/20-35 and since then I am
     convinced that this lens is real Nikon jewel. If I had not to look on
     the price tag, I'd go for this lens.

     Hope this helps,

     Michael

     Michael F. Heidecker