On Sun, 07 Feb 1999 18:54:35 PST Steve Chong wrote:

> I gather the distance info is calculated only when you release the
> shutter.

No, the F70 instruction booklet implies strongly that distance
information is calculated when focus locks.  I don't have the booklet
with me right now, but refer to the chapter on flash photography.
Near to the front of that chapter, there's a boxed warning to the
effect that if you lock focus on an object and then recomose, with
focus locked, on your more distant subject, then the subject will
likely be underexposed, as distance information will have been
calculated from when you locked focus.

Bye,
Mike
[EMAIL PROTECTED]