I have a few questions regarding my F601, hope that some one has the
answers to :

The first is regarding the fill flash using the built in speedlight.
According to the catalogue of the F601 (I lost the manual), matrix balanced
fill flash, the matrix meter would eavluate the scene's exposure and fires
the flash controlling output for a balanced fill.

(1) If I were to use the Spot meter to expose for a certian part of the
scene, and use the speedlight, will the camera still fire it as a matrix
balanced fill flash ? If not, will it give a fill output based solely on my
spot metering ?

(2) According to the catalogue, there is also a standard TTL flash mode
available, what difference is this, if any, compared to using the matrix
balanced fill flash ?

(3) On the camera, there is a slow sync mode available. What happens when I
select this mode and use the fill flash compared to simply selecting a
slower shutter speed and using the flash in shutter priority mode ?

(4) When I make flash compensation by adjusting the flash output, am I
changing the amount of fill flash already determined by the camera i.e. the
strength of the fill  or do I have a total control, dictating exactly how
much of the flash to fire ? In other words, am I changing a predetermined
amount of flash or am I dictating the amount of flash the camera has to
fire ?

Lastly, is regarding the exposure compesation on the 601. For the 601,
shutter and aperture change is 1 full EV. However, the exposure compesation
allows 1/3 EV changes. When compensation is not in full EV changes, display
doesn't show it. So, assuming I choose a - 1/3EV compensation, the exposure
values given is exactly the same as no compensation is made. I assume it is
because the camera doesn't display anything less than 1 EV changes. The
question is : does the camera alter the aperture or shutter speed by 1/3EV
to achieve the compensation ? Or does it do so in some other way ?

Sorry for the length of this mail, hope some one can answer my questions....

Thanks !

Darren