Okay you guys: I KNOW you want to help me with the question I
posted a few days ago. Two very kind fellows responded to the question via
private email but unfortunately their answers were contradictory. Can any
of you help me? I hate to send this camera off for repair if there's
nothing wrong.
                To reilterate the question: When I push and hold the
AE-Lock and move the camera to recompose, the f stop changes in the LED
window. One opinion was that the lock was holding the initial apeture and
changing in the LED just to show the difference from the 'automatic
f/stop'. The other gentelmen, who had a 8008S (mine's an 8008) said when he
recomposed, the f/stop which existed when he engaged the AE-Lock held when
he recomposed.
        I sure would appreciate some more input. Thanks
P.S. IF the lock isn't functioning does anyone have a clue as to how
involved and expensive a job this might be?
Pat

Pat Turcotte-Equestrian Portraiture & Illustration
http://www.equisearch.com/turcotte/turcotte.html