Marc wrote:
>Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 16:15:34 +0100
>From: Marc Femenia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Nikkor F 24mm f/2 [v04.n238/20]
>Message: 20
>
>Hello everyone!
>
>I have just received a used Nikkor F 24mm f/2 in excellent condition. I
>haven't had time to take any photos yet, but looking at it, I noticed a red
>point within the DOF scale. Between the orange (f8) and green (f4) lines,
>to be more precise.....
>
>What does this point mean? (I am thinking that it may be some indication of
>the hyperfocal distance.... but I don't know how I should use it....)
>
>So I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could explain me what it is.....
>
>Thank you in advance
>
>Marc
Hallo Marc!

The red point you see is the right point for focussing for infrared film.
To use it, when loaded infrared film in your camera, go the following steps:
- focus normally what you see through your camera
- look on the distance scale at the white line
- turn that distance point from the white line to the red point
- now your lens has the right distance to the objects you want to photg. with
   infrared film

hope this helps/friendly/
mit freundlichen Gruessen
 Andreas Schuenemann            Tel.: 04421-985-608
 Fachhochschule Wilhelmshaven   Fax : 04421-81950
 Rechenzentrum                  RFC-822:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Friedrich-Paffrath-Str.101     http://www.fh-wilhelmshaven.de/~schuenem
 26389 Wilhelmshaven