I don't know where you're shopping, but I buy all my gear from the good
folks at Arista Camera of Bronxville New York.  I work in NYC and live
only a half hour from it, but I wouldn't spend a dime in any of the camera
stores there (sorry Henry.. this includes B&H).

In the big NYC stores, I'm treated like an annoyance just for asking
questions before putting down my hard earned cash.

At Arista, the guys there know me, they've sold me my N90s, my SB-28,
piles of chemicals and uncounted rolls of TriX.  In short, they know me
and know what I like and they never try to force a sale.  I've had my eye
on the 24mm lens but they know when it's time for me to buy it, I'll buy
it.

And even though their prices are usually 10% more than what I would pay in
NYC, it's worth it to me knowing if I have any questions or concerns
they'll listen to me and not give me the brush off.

And they've let me play with the F5 and even a Hasselblad 503...